Lipid Stabil Description:
Lipid Stabil is a cholesterol and cardiovascular health support supplement. It was specifically designed to be a foundation supplement for steroid users, and is especially useful during on-cycle periods. The formula specifically focuses on supporting four separate areas of cardiovascular health: 1) reducing LDL (low-density lipoprotein) “bad” cholesterol; 2) increasing beneficial HDL (high-density lipoprotein) cholesterol; 3) reducing serum triglycerides; and 4) reducing oxidative stress and arterial plaque formation. Antioxidant supplementation is an important and often overlooked part of managing cardiovascular health during anabolic/androgenic steroid use, as AAS are known to increase homocysteine levels and oxidative stress. Although no supplement can completely eliminate the cardiovascular risks of AAS abuse, a supplement such as Lipid Stabil (or one with a similar ingredient profile) is highly recommended, as it may help reduce the lasting negative health impact of these medications.
Lipid Stabil contains a comprehensive blend of nearly one dozen natural ingredients. Each component in known to play an important role in cardiovascular health, and many have significant clinical support demonstrating beneficial effects on key health markers. For example, garlic powder is one of the backbone ingredients, and has been shown in studies to increase HDL cholesterol, reduce LDL cholesterol, and improve the antioxidant response.670 671 Green tea extract (standardized for EGCG and high polyphenol content) is another backbone ingredient, and like garlic, is also shown to improve cholesterol and reduce oxidative stress/LDL oxidation.672 673 Several other clinically studied ingredients known to improve cholesterol levels, serum triglycerides, and/or systemic antioxidant capacity round out the Lipid Stabil formula including resveratrol,674phytosterols,675 policosanol,676 selenium,677 and inositol hexanicotinate (no-flush niacin).678
Lipid Stabil was developed in 2008 by William Llewellyn for Molecular Nutrition (U.S.). The focus was specifically on designing a supplement that can help support cardiovascular health in anabolic/androgenic steroid users. The product can be found through international distribution, although it may possibly be considered a drug product in some regions with strict controls on herbal supplement products.
Each serving of Lipid Stabil is supplied in 3 capsules, and contains a blend of green tea extract (750 mg), garlic powder (600 mg), inositol hexanicotinate (400 mg), polygonum cuspidatum standardized for resveratrol (200 mg), pantothenic acid (100 mg), phytosterol complex (100 mg), policosanol (10 mg), and selenium (200 mcg).
Lipid Stabil is a natural dietary supplement and is not expected to have notable side effects.
For general cholesterol and lipid support or as an adjunct to anabolic/androgenic steroid use, Lipid Stabil is generally taken at a dosage of 3 capsules per day. Note that a natural product such as Lipid Stabil may help reduce cardiovascular toxicity, but cannot be relied upon to completely eliminate potential cardiovascular damage from the abuse of anabolic/androgenic steroid drugs. Care should always be taken to monitor all aspects of health when taking AAS substances.
Lipid Stabil is produced in the U.S. by Molecular Nutrition. It is available for export, and may be found in Canada, Europe, and other international markets.
670. Effects of anethum graveolens and garlic on lipid profile in hyperlipidemic patients. Kojuri J,Vosoughi AR, Akrami M. Lipids Health Dis. 2007 Mar 1;6:5.
671. Effects of garlic extract consumption on blood lipid and oxidant/antioxidant parameters in humans with high blood cholesterol. Durak I, Kavutcu M, Aytaç B, Avci A, Devrim E, Ozbek H, Oztürk HS. J Nutr Biochem. 2004 Jun;15(6):373-7.
673. Effect of ground green tea drinking for 2 weeks on the susceptibility of plasma and LDL to the oxidation ex vivo in healthy volunteers. Gomikawa S, Ishikawa Y. et al. Kobe J Med Sci. 2008 May 23;54(1):E62-72.
674. Cardiovascular protective effects of resveratrol. Bradamante S, Barenghi L, Villa A. Cardiovasc Drug Rev. 2004 Fall;22(3):169-88.
675. Phytosterols/stanols lower cholesterol concentrations in familial hypercholesterolemic subjects: a systematic review with meta-analysis. Moruisi KG, Oosthuizen W, Opperman AM. J Am Coll Nutr. 2006 Feb;25(1):41-8. Review.
676. Role of policosanols in the prevention and treatment of cardiovascular disease.Varady KA,Wang Y, Jones PJ. Nutr Rev. 2003 Nov;61(11):376-83. Review.
677. Role of selenium in cytoprotection against cholesterol oxide-induced vascular damage in rats. Huang K, Liu H, Chen Z, Xu H. Atherosclerosis. 2002 May;162(1):137-44.
678. Inositol hexaniacinate. Altern Med Rev. 1998 Jun;3(3):222-3.